Diabetes is increasing globally, the rates of diabetes, both type 1 and type 2, are escalating rapidly around the world at alarming rates. Most of the children and adolescents with diabetes develop type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes but increasing numbers in the developed world present with type 2 (non-autoimmune) diabetes often associated with obesity.
The International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD) is a professional organization that brings together doctors, nurses, dieticians, psychologists, scientists and other professionals who are driven to improve the
well-being of children and families afflicted by diabetes throughout the world. ISPAD accomplishes this by improving understanding of the etiology and epidemiology of diabetes, and providing education to physicians and other health
care professionals as to the proper care of children and adolescents with diabetes, as well as developing guidelines for appropriate diabetes care.
ISPAD is the only worldwide organization concentrating on all aspects of diabetes in children and adolescents focussing upon the underlying science and quality of care that these young people receive. ISPAD membership has grown by over 30% in the past two years, increasing the number of members to over 1305.
Find more information and to become a member of ISPAD please click here.
Become a member and take advantage of the following benefits:
- A free subscription to Pediatric Diabetes, the official ISPAD Journal
- Regular ISPAD newsletters
- Reduced members-only fees for the ISPAD Annual Scientific Meeting
- Eligibility for ISPAD travel grants to the Annual Scientific meetings
- Eligibility for Visiting Fellowships, The Alan Drash Clinical Fellowship, Science Schools and Society Prizes
- Participation in ISPAD activities such as guideline development
- Access to DIAMAX.mini - with DIAMAX.mini all relevant parameters of diabetes therapy can be managed in a very easy way. Additionally the anonymized data can be encrypted and uploaded to a central server thus providing the ability to create benchmarks for arbitrary groups of participating DIAMAX.mini users. DIAMAX.mini has been developed for all diabetes specialists who do not yet use an electronic health record and wish to start electronic documentation on a limited scale.
ISPAD Steering Committee
|Lynda K. Fisher||Past President|
|Carine de Beaufort||Secretary General|
|Kenneth J. Robertson||Treasurer|
|Henk J. Veeze||Treasurer-Elect|