ISPAD 2012 Prizes and Fellowships
News July 25, 2012
ISPAD's prizes for 2012 were presented at the annual meeting in Istanbul, Turkey. We thank all of you that have applied or nominated for these awards. The Prizes were awarded during the Istanbul Meeting.
- The 2012 ISPAD Prize (sponsored by Ely Lilly) for outstanding merits in advocacy, education and science was awarded to Mark Sperling, USA.
- The Lestradet Prize (sponsored by LifeScan) for advocacy and education was awarded to Mohammed Ahmed Abdullah, Sudan.
- The Young Investigator Award (sponsored by Medtronic) was awarded to Natalia Marek, Poland.
- The ISPAD Prize for Innovation in Pediatric Diabetes Care (Sponsored by NovoNordisk within their DAWN Youth Initiative) was awarded to the Exeter monogenic diabetes clinical team and laboratory for their work in Neonatal Diabetes.
- The Research Visiting Fellowship of 25,000 USD was awarded to Belma Haliloglu from Istanbul, Turkey to visit Sian Ellard in Exeter, UK. The project title is: Exploring new forms of MODY.
- This year we again decided to award two Allan Drash Fellowships of 5,000 USD each to: Joyce Mbogo, Kenya, to visit Michael Haller, USA and Hemchand Prasad, India, to visit Neil White, USA.