Consensus document on lipodystrophy syndromes
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/26/2016 at 3:44:56 PM GMT
Consensus document on lipodystrophy syndromes
ISPAD has been given the chance to quickly comment on a consensus document on lipodystrophy syndromes that has been edited by a number of endocine societies (PES, ES, JPES, APEG, ESPE, APPES, ASPAE) and also ADA and AACE. Lucy Mungai who is both an ISPAD and ASPAE member will submit comments on behalf of ISPAD.

Only minor comments and revisions are possible at this very late stage, and the
deadline is very short, May 1st. Please post your comments on the forum, and also post if you have read the document and approve of the text here.

Attached Files: 

4/27/2016 at 5:30:42 PM GMT
I have read and approve the document.

4/27/2016 at 10:14:28 PM GMT
I have read and approve the document.
The document gives a good overview of the subject with appropriate management principals.

4/28/2016 at 8:56:17 AM GMT
Good Consensus

4/30/2016 at 9:36:35 AM GMT
I miss molecular dna diagnostics available for some of these syndromes
The most common form of (local) dystrophia is the result of repeated insulin injections. I understand the editors feel this is nor a true lipodystrophic syndrome but I do feel its occurence should not be omitted. It is a prominent practical problem in insulin dependency as -for example- ongoing injections in such sites are known to interfere with the pharmacokinetics of subcutaneous insulin

5/1/2016 at 10:43:08 PM GMT
Although it is a difficult subject, the consensus was successful in approaching the main issues regarding lipodystrophies.

Depending on how table 3 will show up in the final publication, due to its size, maybe it could be sub-divided in order to be more easily consulted.

Considering that these syndromes are rare, maybe it would be useful to add some general information about usual doses of some medications,specially metreleptin. This could be helpful resource for clinicians.

5/8/2016 at 8:04:54 PM GMT

Excellent work - needed for many of us

Contact Us

ISPAD Executive Office
c/o K.I.T. Group GmbH
Association & Conference Management
Kurfürstendamm 71
10709 Berlin, Germany

Join ISPAD

Click the link below to join the Society!

Join Today!

Phone: +49 (0)30 24603-210
Fax: +49 (0)30 24603-200
Email: secretariat@ispad.or
g

Privacy Policy
Terms of Service
Legal Notice    

Disclaimer

© 2017 International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD)

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal